How to Improve Immune System in Adults
Some of the best practices that can be followed to boost immunity in adults are as follows:
- Boosting your immunity can actually be very simple if you set a routine or a pattern for yourself.
- Sleep deprivation and stress causes hormonal changes which in long run suppresses immune function. Avoid tobacco smoke as it undermines basic immune defenses and raises the risk of bronchitis and pneumonia in everyone.
- Drink less alcohol as excessive consumption diminishes the immune system and increases vulnerability to lung infections.
- Studies show that eating generous portions of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds improve antibody response and provide your body the nutrients which your immune system needs.
- Catch some rays, 10-15 min in Sunlight (minus sunscreen) triggers the skin’s production of vitamin D.
- Go for garlic. Garlic is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent and immune booster; add it to foods just before serving.
- 45 min of any physical activity, walking, jogging, cycling or playing badminton with your friends and kids causes changes in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC) in your body. WBCs are the body's immune system cells that brawl disease. So go for it.
Immunity can also be improved by consuming natural immunity boosting foods regularly. Visit our immunity blog to learn how to increase immunity and the top home remedies to improve immunity power.