Ayurvedic Immunity Booster
Ayurveda, the oldest medicinal system in the world, states the power of the body that prevents the development of diseases or resists a developed disease is called immunity. In Ayurveda, strong immunity or strong resistance to disease is called ojas (protection) and the ability of body to discriminate effectively between foreign bodies and healthy cells and tissues is called tejas, or intelligence of the body. Because of tejas, our cells know how to communicate with each other via hormones and other chemical messengers.
There are various aspects which cause low immunity in body, genetic factors, stress, poor mental health, negative emotions (guilt, anger, envy, jealousy), overuse of antibiotics, metabolic disorders (being obese), lifestyle (lack of exercise) and poor diet.
Some Ayurvedic tips can be easily incorporated in our daily routine to boost immunity. You can use the power of Ayurveda to improve your immunity as follows:
- Avoid simple sugars in any form
- Limit alcohol,
- Avoid processed foods, microwaved foods, canned foods and foods with preservatives.
- Never drink ice water.
- Always include spices into cooking, such as turmeric, black pepper, cumin, coriander.
- Sip hot water or fresh ginger tea throughout the day to boost the digestion.
- Use clarified butter (ghee) for cooking.
- Do not overcook your food.
- Eat on fixed timings every day ant fixed intervals.
- Fast one day a week, if possible.
- Ayurvedic supplements that increase the power of digestive fire and support strong immune function can also be included in daily diet.
Immunity can also be improved by consuming natural immunity boosting foods regularly. Visit our immunity blog to learn how to increase immunity and the top home remedies to improve immunity power.